Mo - Th: 13:00 - 21:00
Fr - Su & holiday: 09:00 - 21:00
- How much does the entry ticket to Thermalpark Šírava cost?
For details about ticket prices see Price list.
- What are the opening hours?
Thermalpark is open everyday from 9 AM until 9 PM.
- What discounts will be offered to students?
Students can get 15% discount after showing affirmation about their studies and consequent registration in Thermalpark´s information system.
- When will be Thermalpark Šírava open for public?
Thermalpark Šírava is already opened from 15th of June 2014.
- What does Aqua World offer?
Visitors can look forward to Aqua World which consists of three main pools: wave & swimming pool; relaxing pool and massage pool; and for children under five years kids pool, too. Wave pool is characterised by surge simulation, relaxing pool offers plenty of different massage jets (spinal etc.). Massage pool with water massage beds provides whole body hydromassage. Apart from pools other atractions are prepared for visitors, namely: long slide, short slide, wild river, rocking bay and playground for children.
- Are you considering a possibilty for visitors to buy snacks in Thermalpark?Of course. Quality relax must be enriched by wide variety of food and drinks which will be ensured by Thermalpark´s restaurant. Even before entering Thermalpark´s visitors can sweeten their life with delicious cakes and drink good coffee or tea in our caffé.
- Will you offer accommodation for visitors?
- What is the capacity of Aqua World?
Current visitors capacity of Aqua World is 550 persons.
- When are you planning to put exterior areas and pools into operation?
External areas are under construction and landscaping and planting of greenery are soon to be finished. Also, preparation of technology for external pools is soon to be completed. External areas will be opened on 1st of July 2014.
- Will you also operate the beach at the shores of Zemplínska šírava?
The beach at the shores of Zemplínska šírava is in the process of adjustment so that it can be made accessible by the next summer season.
- Are you preparing some entertaining activities for Thermalpark´s visitors?
Yes, we are preparing various activities for Thermalpark´s visitors. Child playground and outside interactive water playground will be added.
- When are you planning to open wellness?
We are planning to open wellness in the autumn of this year.
- What types of sauna can we find in wellness?
For our visitors we are preparing main Finnish sauna, biosauna, infrared sauna and steem sauna. As a cold refreshment after hot saunas we are preparing various massage showers, icefall, cooling bucket and cooling pool. Apart from that, plenty of additional services to enrich your wellness stay will be available, for example dry and wet Kneipp bath, relaxation room, multi-seat whirlpool wih massage programmes, water beds, tepidariums and hamann as well as massage rooms. A complete novelty will be sauna ceremonials, some of them with a participation of trained/professional sauna masters, such as chocolate, muddy?, saline, yoghurt or algal peeling and many other procedures to bring/result in? the most pleasurable/pleasing/delightful feelings and experiences from our wellness center.
- Is there an extra charge for entering wellness?
Yes, visitors will have to pay additional fee for entering wellness.
- You have informed about having one of the most quality pool waters.
Pool water praparation is not a simple matter. We have used services of ProMinent company, one of the leading suppliers in the area of pool technologies offering compact technical solutions for water praparation.
For activities such as flocculation, filtration, pH adjustment or disinfection ProMinent´s equipment is designed to function in a complementary manner, but it is possible to install it separately. When talking about Thermalpark´s pool water disinfection one of the most modern technologies has been used and that is membrane electrolysis unit CHLORINSITU III. It means that directly in Thermalpark ultraclean solution of sodium hypochlorite is produced from salt (NaCl) through electolysis. The solution of sodium hypochlorite is a disinfectant which prevents pervasive chlorine odor and does not irritate eyes nor skin.
Stainless pools of Thermalpark Šírava are of top quality. To construct them we were also inspired by competitive Thermalparks throughout Europe. Supreme quality stainless steel was used which is one of the most quality materials available for pool construction. It is characterised by nonproblematic maintenance and very long operational life.
- Why should visitors come to Thermalparku Šírava? What makes it unique?
Thermalparku Šírava has a very good situated location. Visitors can enjoy view over the second biggest water dam in Slovakia - Zemplinska šírava as well as mountain Vihorlat. Visitors can look forward to Water land which consists of three main pools: wave & swimming pool; relaxing pool and massage pool; and for children up till five years old child pool, too. Wave pool is characterised by surge simulation, relaxing pool offers plenty of different massage jets (sural?, spinal etc.). Massage pool with water massage beds provides whole body hydromassage. Apart from pools other atractions are prepared for visitors, namely: long slide, short slide, wild river, ??? and playground for children. Moreover, different entertaining activities will be prepared for our visitors as well as wide variety of food and drinks in the restaurant.
Thermalpark Šírava is the only touristic place in Zemplin area that can be pround of using geothermal water that was used by our ancestors for spas already in the 18th century. Exhaustive comparison of geothermal water from borehole in Kaluza with water from nearby spas in town of Sobrance discovered that their composition is nearly identical. The physico-chemical and radiological composition of geothermal water from borehole GTH-1 is similar to natural curative water used in Sobrance Spa. Water in this spa was used mainly for for the treatment of skin and rheumatic diseases.
- Will there be geothermal water used in the pools?
External thermal pool into which technology is currently being installed will use water from geothermal borehole. Exhaustive comparison of geothermal water from borehole? in Kaluza with water from nearby spas in town of Sobrance discovered that their composition is nearly identical. Thermalpark Šírava is the only touristic place in Zemplin area that can be pround of using geothermal water that was used by our ancestors for spas already in the 18th century.
- Will there be offered transportation for visitors from Michalovce to Kaluža?
Visitors can use services of regular bus lines or taxi services. For organised groups we will offer an opportunity of transport by private transporter.
- Will there be supervised child playground?
During summer holiday we will offer child playground supervised by experienced attendant.
- Will there be baby changing room with a counter for mothers with small children?
Yes, there will be separate room for mothers with small children.
- Are you planning to offer supervised entertaining activities?
There will be various entertaining programne for children and adults. It is in our interest so that visitors can rest and relax, but who feels like excercising or play will be able to do so in Thermalpark, too.
- Is Thermalpark suitable also for non-swimmers?
Yes, Thermalpark is also suitable for non-swimmers. Water depth in pools is 1.2 meters . This does not apply to wave and swimming pool in which the deepest water is 1.9 meters. Pools contain various massage jets that will help visitors´ to relax muscle tension.
- Will the bathing in pools be safe?
Certified lifeguard will supervise the security of bathers and in case of need will be able to quickly and efficiently intervene.
- How large is the water area of inner pools?
Water area of inner pools is approximately 600 m2.
- Will there be free WIFI internet connection available in Thermalpark?
- Is it possible to organize events in Thermalpark?
It will be possible to organize events in Thermalpark under specified conditions and after mutual agreement with Thermalpark.
- Is it possible to pay by bank card at the entrance?
It will be possible to pay by bank card at the entrance, including contactless payment.
- Is it allowed to wear swimsuit shorts for bathing?
No, swimming suit shorts are not allowed for bathing. Visitors can only enter and bath in water land wearing classic swimsuit.
- Is it posible for schools to organize trips to Thermalpark?
Schools can organize trips to Thermalpark Šírava already this summer, in case of a group of more than 20 students a discount can be applied.
- Will there be night bathing available?
It is too soon to answer. During summer months we will also consider night bathing.
- Will there be playgrounds for children?
Yes, there will be inner playground in Aqua World as well as exterior water interactive playground.
- Will it be possible to buy gift vouchers?
Yes, after opening for public it will be possible to buy gift vouchers.
- Will you organize day camp for children during summer holiday?
- Will it be possible to buy season-ticket?
Yes, it will be possible to buy season-ticket.
- How often will you change the water in the pools?
In kids pool it wil be changed every day, in the other as needed, once a year at least.
- Will the parking at Thermalpark be free of charge?
Parking will be paid, the price will be minimal.
- Will there be security surveillance cameras in Thermalpark?
Yes, Thermalpark is secured by camera surveillance system.